In early 2014, Google’s Dubai and London teams asked Bon to co-develop and launch the UAE Google Educator Group. The goal of the initiative was to train and support educators across the country in the use of Google tools to elevate and innovate the way schools collaborate, create content and engage youth.
In phase one of the program, Bon co-developed the program content with Google. Bon then enlisted and trained more than 300 English- and Arabic-speaking educators across the country.
In phase two of the program, Bon helped identify a cohort of “lead teachers” to receive ongoing training and support from Google and Bon around Google tools and global best practices. Bon continued to support these educators for two years after the program launch.
- Fully localized curriculum and TOT developed for Google (English/Arabic)
- 300+ educators trained (English/Arabic)
- 10 lead teachers identified
- 100+ education technology trainings and workshops implemented across UAE government and private schools by lead teachers with the behind-the-scenes support of Google and Bon
- Program development
- Content development
- Program management
- Program implementation
- Impact assessment and reporting